10 Sun Protection Tips
you schould know this summer
The sun is vital. It provides us with light, warmth and well-being. However, sun exposure is also a major risk factor for skin health as UV rays can be really harmful causing many problems, from sunburn to skin cancer.
This summer, use the following 10 tips to protect your skin with the best way and enjoy the sun safely.
- Avoid exposing to the sun from 11:00 am to 16:00 pm
- Apply the right amount of sunscreen (at least two tablespoons) 20 minutes before sun exposure so as to be absorbed.
- Refresh your sunscreen every two hours and after swimming, toweling or perspiring.
- Prefer water resistant sunscreens for better protection.
- Always check a sunscreen for the SPF factor it provides and the UVA signal on the labeling before you buy it.
- Choose the right sunscreen for you, considering your phototype and your skin needs.
- For dry skin, choose a hydrating sunscreen that moisturizes deeply your skin
- For oily, acne-prone skin, you may choose a sunscreen with light texture and sebum regulating action that gives a matte effect.
- If you have mature skin, choose a sunscreen with intense antioxidant and moisturizing action.
- Infants and children have more sensitive skin and should be effectively protected from the sun. Use hat and T- shirt and apply a sunscreen with an SPF at least 30. Don’t forget to protect the child’s ears, lips and feet.